We’ve reviewed our Freedom Camping Bylaw 2013 and are proposing some changes. Before we make any final decisions we want your feedback on our draft bylaw.
About our draft bylaw
In a nutshell, we’re proposing the following:
- Include our freedom camping sites in Ngatea and Paeroa in the bylaw (this means we can issue fines if people break the rules).
- With the exception of Rays Rest and the Hauraki Rail Trail car park area just north of the pink dairy, we won’t allow freedom camping on our land on the Wharekawa Coast.
- Include two potential sites for freedom camping in Waihi; designated parks at our carpark off Mueller Street and Haszard Street, and at Morgan Park.
- Restrict overnight stays to one a night stay in a calendar month in any 50km/hr and/or 70km/hr area, unless you’re in a designated freedom camping area, then you can stay for two nights.
You can read more about our proposals in the documents below.
Read the documents | Pānui ngā tuhinga
How to tell us what you think | He aha ōu whakaaro, korero mai …
Written feedback will be accepted from Friday, 17 July 2020 to 4pm Monday 17 August 2020.
- You can fill in the
Online Submission Form,
- download and print a form to send in to us,
- email your feedback to email@example.com,
- we’re also on Facebook, or
- you can send feedback via the post to PO Box 17, Paeroa 3640.
Talk to us
- You could call one of your local councillors to have a chat.
- You can also contact us to book in to speak to the Council at a hearing on Wednesday, 9 September 2020.
- We can also draft your feedback into a written statement. Call us on 07 862 8609 or 0800 734 834 (from within the district) and ask for a member of the Strategic Planning Team.