We’re proposing to amend our Nuisance Bylaw to include Vehicle Crossings. Before we do we want your feedback on our proposed changes.
What is a Vehicle Crossing?
A vehicle crossing is where a vehicle can cross from a road onto a private property.
About our proposed amendment
So we want to change the bylaw so you have to apply for a permit to build or change a vehicle crossing.
Permit conditions will include details like thickness, dimensions, reinforcement and materials that we consider necessary for safety reasons.
This will help us to ensure new or altered vehicle crossings are safe for other users of shared spaces (such as a mobility scooter on a footpath). It also means we could issue fines and seek costs from the landowner if vehicle crossings are installed that don’t comply.
Read the documents | Pānui ngā tuhinga
You can read more about our proposal in the consultation documents below.
How to tell us what you think | He aha ōu whakaaro, korero mai …
Written feedback will be accepted from Friday, 17 July 2020 to 4pm Monday 17 August 2020.
- You can fill in the
Online Submission Form,
- download and print a form to send in to us,
- email your feedback to email@example.com,
- we’re also on Facebook, or
- you can send feedback via the post to PO Box 17, Paeroa 3640.
Talk to us
- You could call one of your local councillors to have a chat.
- You can also contact us to book in to speak to the Council at a hearing on Wednesday, 9 September 2020.
- We can also draft your feedback into a written statement. Call us on 07 862 8609 or 0800 734 834 (from within the district) and ask for a member of the Strategic Planning Team.