Rules for our water supply systems
We’ve reviewed our rules around our water supply, including measures to reduce the risk of contamination.
You told us what you think | Kua kōrero mai koe ōu whakaaro, tēnā rawa atu koe
We’ve introduced some new rules to say that if you’re aware of a hazardous spill in one of the areas that we take water from, you need to let us know immediately. We’ve also provided more clarity around our obligations to supply new water connections for industry/agriculture.
Our Water Supply Bylaw was approved on 14 August 2019 and comes into effect on 1 September 2019.
Read the documents | Pānui ngā tuhinga
Hauraki District Council Water Supply Bylaw 2019 (PDF, 1.7MB)
If your property is located in an area where water runs to a river or stream we take drinking water from, you need to call us immediately if a hazardous substance spills into the waterways so we can take appropriate action to ensure the water supply is safe for use. Check these maps to see if this applies to you.
- Raw water catchment Walmsley Stream (PDF, 4.5MB)
- Raw water catchment Ohinemuri River (PDF, 3.7MB)
- Raw water catchment Waitakaruru River (PDF, 2MB)
- Raw water catchment Waitawheta River (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Raw water catchment Mangatarata (PDF, 3.7MB)
- Raw water catchment Waihou River (PDF, 2 MB)